Our first family glamping trip…it needed to be good to not put us off forever!
Luckily the weather was kind to us, and the site offered everything we could possibly want, and more….
- Price: £75 for 3 nights (Easter bank holiday weekend) Full pricing here
- Nearest large town: Brighton, 30 mins drive
- Accommodation Options: Treehouses, a double decker bus (!), an army helicopter (!) and a gipsy caravan…and plenty of spacious wooded tent pitches
- Best for: Families with kids of all ages, couples, groups
Family Glampsite Pro’s
- Large tent pitches with plenty of space between neighbouring glampers
- A child’s dream come true accommodation- double decker bus and an army helicopter all kitted out to sleep in, in the middle of the woods!
- Clean (communal) toilets (that we never had to queue for)
- Hot clean showers
- Open fires permitted around your own designated spot around your pitch
- Washing up facilities
- No stereos allowed at any time, noise completely down by 11pm (great for families with kids (and parents!) who need to sleep!)
- Site shop selling the basics and great fresh pod coffee
- Full of natural charm and quirky features. Each pitch had it’s own name, the winding woodland paths all leading to another natural playground wonderland for kids (think rope swings, dens, army nets & zip wires)
- Dogs allowed, with a strict on-lead at all times policy (unless they’re really good, apparently!)
- Wifi is available… & phone signal is pretty good in most areas…but maybe this is a con 🙂
- Lots to do in the local area, see more here
Family Glampsite Con’s
- As a glamper, you might expect a certain degree of home comforts/modern decor style. This site earns it’s glamping badge through the facilities and accommodation options, but still expect lots of rustic charm through it’s keen desire to preserve the natural beauty of the woodland
- If it rains, there isn’t much to do on the camp site for kids- but Brighton (and the Sealife Centre!) is a 30 minute drive away!
- You can’t take your car right up to your pitch…but there are plenty of wheel barrows on hand to help you cart your stuff!
- Shop only open for a few hours per day- there is a Sainsbury’s 10 minutes drive away though!
Fun, magical, friendly, secluded escape destination for families of ALL ages… with plenty of cool places to explore within and outside of the camp site. Book early for the summer hols…these guys are already nearly sold out for summer 2017!
Family Glampsite rating:
9 out of 10 from us!
Lots more pics available here…